CounselingThrough the counseling process, I can help you cope with a range of concerns, including but not limited to:
- Finding a career that suits your interests, personality, values, skills, and life needs
- Challenging personal or professional relationships
- Improving unproductive interactions with bosses, colleagues, or subordinates
- Major transitions in work, family, or lifestyle
- Stress or anxiety pertaining to work-life balance or job loss
Vocational testingVocational testing can broaden the career counseling process and help you more easily see how your unique traits might translate to different careers and impact long-term career satisfaction. Available testing includes:
- Strong Interest Inventory: a tool that assesses the relationship between your personal interests and how they might be met by different jobs and careers. Helpful for career changers.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: an assessment of your personality preferences and the particular careers and settings that may satisfy those preferences. Helpful for career changers.
- FIRO-B: an assessment of your leadership style, strengths, and challenges. Helpful for those looking to better understand their management abilities and impact on colleagues or subordinates.
Career CoachingThese more structured services are available if you are looking for new work or re-entering the workforce:
- Review of resumes, cover letters, and other business correspondence
- Review of online professional presence, e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook
- Interview training and feedback
- Overall job search coaching
- Graduate school advisement